To view lecture notes for a given lesson follow the links below. Lecture notes will be added the day of each lecture. Reading assignments will be listed for each section. Please do the assigned readings before class and be prepared to discuss in class.
Each Team should send me a Google Calendar Invitation to their Service Learning Project. I need only one per team. Please include location and time range.
- Betsy Hart – Office of Community Engagement
- Final Project Overview
You should cover the following at your in class team meeting.
- Service Learning Project Topic – Submit for Approval
- Team Organization – Who is responsible for what. Everyone should have a role.
- Project Scheduling – Book your date and time with the DSC for your booth (Week Before Finals)
- Submit to me as a Google Doc your project proposal (1 Per Team). This document should include all of the information listied above. Due to me by next Monday. Be prepared to give a status report to the class (one per team).
- Dr. Elizabeth Pierce
Blog Post – In your own words answer the question “What is Information Science?”
Assignment: Blog Post – Reflect on your presentation. What were your strengths & weaknesses? Identify areas you could improve and discuss possible strategies for doing so. Please be thorough.
Be prepared to to present to the class on Tuesday. Make sure you follow the requirements listed here.
Create a Google Doc that includes a list of three things you learned from Jennifer Moodey’s talk about EIT. Also in this document I would like you to write a minimum three paragraphs on the experience you had during the scavenger hunt last week. Discuss how your team decided to tackle the hunt, whether or not you felt like you worked as a team, and what you would do differently. When you complete this assignment you should share this document with email@example.com. Do not email me this document!. Use the built in sharing functionlity of Google Docs. If you do not know how to do this you can look here for help.
- Catherine Lowry
- Scavenger Hunt Team Assignments
Discuss what you learned about yourself by completing the MBTI. Explain how what you learned will better prepare you for working in teams. Please be thorough.
- EIT Student Services – Jennifer Moody
- MBTI – Please complete in class and then email me a screen shot of your score. It is imperative that you do this before your next class schedule.
Review your favorite web-based service in a blog post explaining it’s functionality, the pro’s and con’s of using the particular service, and discuss the service’s potential for impacting the way you work.Post is due next Tuesday. Please be prepared to discuss in class.
(Due 9/6/12) Write a blog post reflecting on your thoughts of Tom Friedman’s The World is Flat video. Do you agree or disagree with the author’s perspective on globalization?
- Blog Settings
- Applying a Theme
- Customizing the Sidebar
- RSS Feeds
Customize your blog. Apply a new theme. Customize the sidebar. Add a few widgets. Display an rss feed from a site that you frequent.
- Getting Started with your WordPress Blog
(Due 8.30.12): Write your first blog post reflecting on your personal expectations for the semester. Make sure you categorize and/or tag the post. If you are feeling adventurous try adding a photo to the post.
Send the URL of your newly created blog to firstname.lastname@example.org