In order to minimize the amount of work we have to do our pages, it is a good idea to create one page that has all the bells and whistles that we want and the duplicate it. Before we begin duplicating pages for the site, go through the following checklist to make sure everything is where it needs to be.
- Head Content – Does the page have a proper title and Meta tags?
- Imagery – Are all images in the page in the proper location (images folder) and do they have ALT text?
- Mark Up – Are the elements on your page marked-up properly (Headings, Paragraphs, Unordered Lists)?
- Links – Are the links in your navigation pointing to the proper location?
- Footer – Do you have footer content in place?
- Did you validate your html?
Once you can answer “Yes” to all of these questions you are ready to duplicate pages on your site.